If you’re planning a trip to the French wine country, the Champagne region of France should be at the top of your list. Not only is it the birthplace of the world’s most celebrated sparkling wine, but it also has some of the most amazing chateau hotels. From historic castle hotels that transport you back in time to boutique chateaus offering a more personal experience. In this guide I will offer a variety of chateau hotels in the Champagne region for every taste and budget!
Table of Contents
Best Chateau hotels in the Champagne overview
|Hotel Name||Rating||Price||Book Now|
|Domaine Les Crayères||9.5||$440||Book Now|
|Château de Courcelles||8.9||$229||Book Now|
|Château d’Hermonville||9.4||$186||Book Now|
|Château de Sacy||9.3||$373||Book Now|
|Château d’Etoges||8.8||$137||Book Now|
|Hotel Le Chateau Fort de Sedan||8.3||$142||Book Now|
Domaine Les Crayères
📍 Address: 64 Bd Henry Vasnier, Reims | ⭐ Rating: 9.5/10 | 💰 From: $440
This is the most beautiful hotel I have ever stayed at. Our room was magnificent and filled with art. We loved the breakfast at the hotel and got to enjoy the 2 Michelin Star restaurant. The Chateau is also located walking distance from Veuve-Cliquot, Pommery, and Maison Ruinart. Highly recommended for an unforgettable stay in Champagne.
– Review by Aleksandra from Canada
If you’re planning a trip to the Champagne region and want a touch of luxury, Domaine Les Crayères is where you should be. Nestled in a vast 7-hectare park, this chateau hotel is a piece of Champagne’s rich history. I absolutely love this castle hotel. The gardens are so beautiful and It’s honestly one of those places where the world just seems calmer and quieter.
Inside, the rooms are a blend of timeless elegance and today’s comfort. And if you’re a food lover like me, you can splurge at their two star michelin restaurant in Champagne. The restaurant of this Chateau hotel offers the best of French cuisine.
Another reason why I would really recommend Domaine Les Crayères is because it is very close to famous Champagne houses such as Pommery and Veuve Clicquot. Sure, it is on the more expensive side when it comes to hotels in Champagne, France, but this Chateau hotel is an experience you won’t soon forget!
Why stay at La Maison de Crayeres?
- World-class Michelin-starred restaurant: The hotel’s restaurant, Le Parc des Crayères, has two Michelin stars.
- Opulent accommodations: The hotel’s 25 rooms and suites are luxuriously appointed and feature stunning views of the surrounding countryside.
- Amenities galore: This Champagne hotel offers a variety of amenities, including a spa, fitness center, and a tennis court.
⏳ Travelling to Champagne and short on time?
🛏️ Accommodation: Hôtel La Villa Eugene and Grand Hôtel Des Templiers or you can check my article on the best hotels in the Champagne region.
🗺️ Experiences: Getyourguide (tours), Viator (tours), and Rue des Vignerons (specialises in wine tastings and tours).
📍 Recommended excursions:
🍷 Champagne and Family-Run Wineries Tour
🍾 Champagne Veuve Clicquot or Champagne Moët & Chandon tour and tastings
🚲 From Reims Full day Electric bike Champagne and lunch
You can also read my article on the best champagne tasting tours.
💰 Save Money by getting the Reims Pass which includes public transport, a free guided tour, entrance to the museums in Reims, and discounts in Champagne houses. Read here about the best things to do in the Champagne region.
✈️ Transport can be booked via Omio.
📞 Stay connected and save on data via Airalo
Château de Courcelles
📍 Address: 8 Rue du Château,Courcelles-sur-Vesle | ⭐ Rating: 8.9/10 | 💰 From: $229
I loved the history, grounds, pool, linens/bed and bathroom. The hotel itself was beautiful. The dining room was beautiful. The room was comfortable and eve bed and pillows were superb. The bathroom was renovated and had a great shower.
– Review by Michael from the United States
If you’re a fan of timeless elegance and history, Château de Courcelles is definitely worth booking. Nestled in Picardy, this 17th-century château is a blend of luxury and modern luxury amenities.
One of the things I like most about this Chateau hotel is that legends like Rousseau, Racine, and Dumas have walked its gardens. And there’s talk that the château’s staircase might be a Jean Cocteau design.
Another reason why I would highly recommend booking this hotel is because it has beautiful manicured gardens and a great pool. If you are travelling to Champagne because you are a fan of wine you will be happy to know that there is a cellar with over 1000 kinds of (sparkling) wine, including 250 kinds of Champagne.
The rooms of this castle hotel in the Champagne region are all very luxurious. It doesn’t matter whether you book the superior double or the royal suite, you will be treated with high sealings and lavish furniture. I would personally advise booking a room with views of the garden. For me, this is the perfect Epernay castle hotel to book in the Champagne region if you are a lover of history, Champagne, and the finer things in life. If this is not for you, please read on to learn all about my other recommendations.
Why stay at Chateau de Courcelles?
- A truly unique experience: Château de Courcelles is a 17th century castle that has been beautifully restored. It is a rare opportunity to stay in a historic property that has been so lovingly cared for.
- Superb location: Château de Courcelles is located in the heart of the Champagne region, just a short drive from Reims and Épernay.
- A touch of history: Château de Courcelles is steeped in history. The castle has been home to many famous people over the years, including King Louis XIV and Marie Antoinette.
📍 Address: 9 Rue Visin, Hermonville | ⭐ Rating: 9.4/10 | 💰 From: $186
The Chateu was just amazing. We decided to stay here 4 nights while exploring the region of champagne. When we arrived, the host offered us a room upgrade free of charge.
– Review by Veronica from Italy
Another great Chateau hotel to consider when travelling to the Champagne region is the Château d’Hermonville. This luxury hotel in Champagne is located in the quiet village of Hermonville, just outside Reims.
I would recommend this amazing castle stay for its traditional style and modern comforts. With its gorgeous rooms and little extras like bathrobes and luxury toiletries you will feel like royalty. There is also an outdoor pool for those visiting during the warmer months. If you want to explore the many vineyards in the area, there are also a lot of trails nearby you can walk or cycle.
This Charming bed and breakfast near Reims is the perfect chateau bed and breakfast to book if you are looking for something upscale without breaking the bank. They have three different rooms: a Superior double room, a king room with garden view and a Deluxe Double room with Castle view. That last one is located in a little house in the garden of the castle but has a gorgeous bathroom and beautiful wallpaper. There is even a hammock if you want to relax even more!
Why stay at Château d’Hermonville
- Excellent food and wine. The Château d’Hermonville has a Michelin-starred restaurant, which serves delicious food using fresh, local ingredients.
- A variety of activities and amenities. The Château d’Hermonville offers a variety of activities and amenities for guests, including a swimming pool, tennis courts, and a spa.
- Great value for money. The Château d’Hermonville hotel in Champagne offers great value for money, especially considering the level of service and amenities that are offered.
Château de Sacy
📍 Address: Rue des Croisettes, Sacy | ⭐ Rating: 9.3/10 | 💰 From: $373
The rooms and grounds were very clean and comfortable. The spa was great, with wooden hot tubs that you could relax in soaking up the sun and picturesque surroundings.
– Review by Amy from United Kingdom
Looking for an amazing chateau hotel near Reims? Then you might want to take a look at Chateau de Sacy. This great chateau hotel from 1850 in Napoleon III architecture is a place where history meets modernity.
Every room in this luxury boutique hotel is individually decorated. This means that every single room was curated to look amazing. There is a Marie Antoinette room, for instance. This room has a moor light, quiet and romantic style, The room has stunning views over the vineyards and is perfect for couples. The Winston Churchill suite, on the other hand, has a British Army military map of the Champagne region from WWII and has a more 1940’s style.
Honestly, Chateau de Sacy is a great place to stay in the champagne region if you are looking for a hotel in Champagne that adds a lot of personality to its rooms. I would also like to mention the bathrooms. These are decked out in white marble, Some bathrooms have both a tub and a shower!
Why stay at Château de Sacy
- Food. The food at Château de Sacy is excellent. The hotel has two Michelin-starred restaurants, and the wine list is extensive.
- Romance. Château de Sacy is a great place for a romantic getaway. The hotel is secluded and romantic, and the staff are attentive and accommodating.
- History. Château de Sacy is a beautiful 18th century castle that has been beautifully restored.
📍 Address: 4 Rue Richebourg, Etoges | ⭐ Rating: 8.8/10 | 💰 From: $137
Location. Style. Exclusivity. Atmosphere. History. Staff. Everything you would expect from a Chateau experience.
– Review by Peter from United Kingdom
If you would rather stay in an older chateau hotel you can also book a room in Chateau d’Etoges. This castle is a 17th century chateau with a large park. It is the epitome of elegance and tranquility, making it the perfect luxury chateau hotel in Champagne.
Chateau d’Etoges only has 28 rooms. This hotel de charme combines old world charm with modern comforts. The rooms of this chateau hotel are located either in the orangerie or the castle itself. But don’t worry, the owners have preserved the historical charm of the hotel while also thinking of the comfort of their guests.
Another reason why I would recommend staying at Chateau d’Etoges is because it offers a gourmet restaurant. The prices are on the more expensive side but that is to be expected when dining at a chateau in the champagne region.
I also want to mention the spa at this boutique hotel. The spa offers organic treatments, a jacuzzi, a sauna, and even a Turkish bath. If you are looking for a luxury experience in the Champagne region and want to be pampered – book a room at Chateau d’Etoges!
Why stay at Château d’Etoges
- Peace and quiet: Château d’Etoges is located in a quiet village, away from the hustle and bustle of city life. Guests can relax and unwind in the tranquil setting.
- Experience luxury in the spa: Château d’Etoges has an amazing spa with a jacuzzi, hammam and sauna.One of the only Champagne hotels with a spa!
- Pet-friendly: Château d’Etoges is a pet-friendly hotel. Guests can bring their furry friends along on their stay.
Hotel Le Chateau Fort de Sedan
📍 Address: Porte des Princes, Sedan | ⭐ Rating: 8.3/10 | 💰 From: $142
Excellent location in the centre of a medieval castle – absolutely stunning. Lovely rooms and fabulous food in the restaurant. This is an outstanding and unusual place to stay – not to be missed!
– Review by Ruth from United Kingdom
Last but not least you can also stay at Hotel le Chateau Fort de Sedan. I am going to be honest: if you are looking for refined french luxury, this might not be the hotel for you. Hotel Le Chateau Fort de Sedan is located in a medieval fort. The rooms blend modern design with the exposed medieval walls.
Fort de Sedan has a total of 52 rooms, and every single room is equipped with modern amenities such as an LCD TV and a coffee/tea making station. You will also have access to a mini bar and some of the rooms offer stunning views of the medieval courtyard.
When staying at this Chateau hotel you will also have access to the French restaurant on-site: La Tour d’Auvergne. The restaurant serves great French and European cuisine and I would recommend checking out the menu.
This castle hotel in the Champagne region might not be the best for those wanting to fill their time with back-to-back vineyard visits and tasting sessions, but those who would like to dip in and out the Champagne experience while staying in a beautiful little town should definitely have a look at this hotel!
Why stay at Hotel Le Chateau Fort de Sedan
- Unique experience: Staying in a castle is a unique experience that not many people get to have. Hotel Le Chateau Fort de Sedan offers guests the chance to live like a medieval knight or lady for a few days.
- Excellent service: The staff at Hotel Le Chateau Fort de Sedan are attentive and accommodating. They are always willing to go the extra mile to make sure guests have a memorable stay.
- Value for money: Hotel Le Chateau Fort de Sedan offers excellent value for money. Guests get a lot for their money, including a unique experience, excellent service, and a variety of amenities.
Lieze Neven is a globetrotting travel writer and expat currently based in Nepal. With a passion for exploration, she has lived in Dubai, the UK, and Belgium, alongside her international teacher husband. Her parents live in France and she tries to visit Paris at least once a year. Together, they travel the world looking for the best hotels, experiences and food locations have to offer!