Discover the essence of luxury with the ultimate guide to the best champagne tours in France. Whether you’re starting your champagne tour from Reims or exploring the cellars of Taittinger and Mercier, this guide has you covered. Experience the rich heritage of Epernay champagne tours and unlock the secrets behind the world’s most celebrated bubbly.
Table of Contents
Best Champagne Tours Overview
|Kind of Tour||Cost||Book Now|
|Best Champagne Tour overall||€115 per person||Book this tour today|
|Best Champagne tour from Paris||€300 per person||Book this tour today|
|Best private tour: Private morning Tour||€265 per person||Book this tour today|
|Best Champagne tasting with masterclass||€65 per person||Book this tour today|
|Best E-bike tour in Champagne||€125 per person||Book this tour today|
|Best Champagne tour with lots of tastings||€320 per person||Book this tour today|
|Best tour including Veuve Clicquot||€275 per person||Book this tour today|
|Best tour including Moët & Chandon||€420 per person||Book this tour today|
|Best Champagne tour in a vintage car||€290 per group (up to 2 people)||Book this tour today|
|Best Organic Champagne Tour||€10 per person||Book this tour today|
Best Champagne Tour: Champagne, Epernay, and Family-Run Wineries Tour
📍 Reims Centre Train Station | 🍷 6 at 2 Family-Run Wineries | 💰 €115 per person
The tour was excellent! I’ve been on wine tours in Australia, New Zealand and Canada and this was the best of them all! The guide was exceptional – so light hearted and fun, and so knowledgeable. We had a fantastic time and the champagne was excellent. Overall, would recommend! 10/10
– Emma, UK
Embark on an unforgettable journey from Reims to Epernay, the heartland of Champagne. This half-day tour offers an intimate experience with a small group of only 8 participants. Your adventure begins at the tourist office of Reims Centre train station, where you’ll meet your local English-speaking guide. Travel in an air-conditioned minivan and explore the Avenue de Champagne in Epernay, home to prestigious estates like Moët & Chandon. The tour includes entrance fees and six tastings at two family-run wineries, ensuring a personal touch.
- Discover Local Wines: Enjoy tastings at two family-run wineries and deepen your understanding of champagne production.
- Historical Village of Hautvillers: Visit the birthplace of Champagne and the church where Dom Pérignon is buried.
- UNESCO Vineyard Views: Soak up breathtaking vistas of the world heritage-listed vineyards and learn about the unique terroir.
Best Champagne tour from Paris: Day Trip to Champagne with 8 Tastings & Lunch
📍Central Paris or Hotel Pick-up | 🍷 8 Champagnes at 2 Houses | 💰 €300 per person
Clement was the best guide. He was so knowledgeable and passionate about his craft and spending his knowledge and love of champagne. I would sign up for another course with him anytime! The champagne houses he took us to were a fantastic combination of large and small production.
– Elizabeth, United States
Immerse yourself in the sparkling world of Champagne with this full-day tour from Paris to Champagne. Your journey starts with a hotel pick-up in a cosy, air-conditioned minivan around 7:30 AM. Savour delicious croissants en route to prestigious estates like Moët & Chandon or Veuve Clicquot. The tour includes a traditional French lunch paired with various champagnes and local wines at a family-run champagne house or a local restaurant.
- Expert-Led Tastings: Learn the art of champagne tasting in the heart of the vineyard, guided by a wine expert.
- French Lunch Experience: Enjoy a sumptuous lunch with different types of champagnes and local wines.
- Optional Activities: Stroll along the Avenue de Champagne or visit Reims Cathedral.
Best private tour: Private morning Tour: The Connaisseurs with 9 tastings
📍Epernay or Reims | 🍷 9 (6 Champagnes, 3 Spirits) | 💰 €265 per person
Nina was our guide and she was patient. It was a great introduction to the world of champagne and it was nice to see the small independent wineries. Nina herself was well-versed with the champagne world and you can see that she has made great connections with some of the wine owners!
– Verified booking by GetYourGuid traveler
Embark on a private tour from Epernay or Reims into the heart of Champagne. Explore the Côte des Blancs’ Grand Cru vineyards and the historic village of Hautvillers, where Dom Pérignon crafted Champagne. This intimate tour includes visits to two independent producers and nine unique tastings.
- Discover Côte des Blancs: Known for exceptional Grand Cru vineyards.
- Visit Hautvillers: The birthplace of Champagne, home to Dom Pérignon’s church.
- Nine Unique Tastings: Includes six Champagnes and three local spirits.
Best Champagne tasting with masterclass: Champagne Tasting and Master Classes
📍 Le Clos Corbier | 🍷 3 Champagnes, 6 Wine Tastings | 💰 €65 per person
Absolutely wonderful activity! So informative and the tasting has fun games so you really remember what you are taught. The lunch is absolutely delicious with great wine pairings. Our guide was wonderful too. It’s really a champagne house so don’t expect the vineyard to be present. Definitely 100% recommend!
– Danique, Netherlands
Dive into the intricacies of champagne tasting at Le Clos Corbier, a family domain nestled in the heart of the Aÿ-Champagne vineyards. This unique experience starts with a champagne quiz and an olfactory workshop to train your nose. You’ll then blindly taste three champagnes from small wineries, all paired with local snacks.
- Olfactory Workshop: Train your nose to identify various aromas and flavours in Champagne.
- Local Lunch: Savour a casual lunch featuring regional specialities like pâté en croute and Langres cheese.
- Additional Tastings: Extend your palate with tastings of local red wine, Côteaux Champenois, and regional liquor, Ratafia.
Best E-bike tour in Champagne: E-Bike Champagne Day Tour and Lunch
📍 Reims, Epernay, or Mareuil-sur-Ay | 🍷 5 Champagnes | 💰 €125 per person
We took a two-week trek through England, Franch and The Netherlands and THIS was our favorite activity of the whole trip. We loved the history, the science, the scenery, the biking, the food — it was all great. We especially loved the intimate setting. Highly recommend!
– Mary, United States
Embark on a short yet magical journey into the world of Champagne with this e-bike tour. Starting from Reims, Epernay, or Mareuil-sur-Ay, you’ll cycle through Premier and Grand Cru villages, offering a unique perspective on the region’s complex terroir. The tour includes visiting Le Clos Corbier, where you’ll delve into the champagne-making process and enjoy a traditional lunch paired with various champagnes and regional specialities.
- UNESCO Vineyard Ride: Cycle through the UNESCO-listed vineyards and take in breathtaking views.
- Historical Hautvillers: Visit the birthplace of Champagne and the church where Dom Pérignon is buried.
- Traditional Lunch: Indulge in a lunch featuring regional specialities like paté en route and Reims pink biscuit, all paired with Champagne.
Best Champagne tour with lots of tastings: Gold Champagne Experience
📍 Reims Centre Train Station | 🍷 12, including 9 Champagnes and 3 Local Spirits | 💰 €320 per person
Great trip and tour guide Alan was awesome. I should mention that this tour is in a traditional van and not a sprinter van. So it was a bit tight of a ride if there are more than four persons on the tour. So larger or taller persons should beware of this before booking.
– Martika, United States
Embark on an all-inclusive day tour from Reims to Epernay, exploring the most renowned Grand Cru and Premier Cru villages. Your journey will take you through the historic hillsides of Aÿ, the panoramic vineyards of Hautvillers, and the Grand Cru village of Oger. With 12 different tastings, including champagnes and local spirits, this tour offers a comprehensive experience of the region’s exceptional terroir.
- Historic Aÿ: Discover the village’s significance in the champagne industry with local spirits like Ratafia de Champagne tastings.
- Hautvillers Panorama: Enjoy breathtaking views and visit the church where Dom Pérignon is buried.
- Oger’s Grand Cru: Taste a variety of 100% Grand Cru Champagnes guided by expert advice.
Best tour including Veuve Clicquot: Tour and Tasting at Veuve Clicquot Family Domain
📍 Reims Central Station Forecourt | 🍷 7 Glasses at Veuve Clicquot and a Family Estate | 💰 €275 per person
Discover the historic city of Reims and the luxurious world of Veuve Clicquot in this full-day tour. Starting at 9:20 AM from the forecourt of Reims-Centre train station, you’ll explore the UNESCO-listed Reims Cathedral before heading to the Grande Maison de Champagne Veuve Clicquot for an exclusive tour and tasting.
- Reims Cathedral: Take a guided tour of this 13th-century architectural marvel, renowned for its Gothic grandeur and stained glass windows.
- Veuve Clicquot Tour: Experience the luxury of one of Champagne’s most iconic houses with a tasting of 4 different champagnes.
- Family Estate Visit: End the day at a local family estate, where you’ll savour 3 additional glasses of wine.
Best tour including Moët & Chandon: Campagne Tour with Tasting & Lunch
📍 Moët et Chandon | 🍷 3 Glasses across Multiple Houses | 💰 €420 per person
The guide Stephane was an absolutely fantastic guide. Highly recommended !!!
– GetYourGuide Traveler
Indulge in a luxurious day tour featuring the iconic Moët & Chandon and other renowned champagne houses in Epernay. Describe the underground cellars of Moët & Chandon, where you’ll learn about the history and making of their famous Brut Imperial. A guided tasting session with a sommelier will deepen your appreciation for Champagne’s complex flavours.
- Moët & Chandon Experience: Take a guided tour of the cellars and enjoy a tasting session of their iconic Brut Imperial.
- De Castellane Tower: Visit Epernay’s tallest tower, explore the backstage of champagne-making, and enjoy another tasting.
- Mercier Visit: Learn about this modern house’s history and end your day with a final champagne tasting.
Best Champagne tour in a vintage car: Champagne Tour in a Vintage Car with Tastings
📍 Epernay Tourist Office | 🍷 3 Glasses | 💰 €290 per group (up to 2 people)
Step back and explore the Champagne region in a 1989 Renault 4L. This unique tour from Epernay offers a blend of history, craftsmanship, and tasting experiences. You’ll delve into the intricacies of champagne-making during a visit to a winemaker’s cellar, where you’ll enjoy three tastings and even try your hand at sabrage, the art of opening a champagne bottle with a sabre.
- Winemaker’s Cellar: Gain insights into the champagne-making process and enjoy three tastings.
- Sabrage Experience: Learn how to open a champagne bottle with a sabre.
- Vineyard Tasting: Savour champagne amidst the beautiful vineyards of the region.
Best Organic Champagne Tour: Organic Champagne Tasting
📍 Champagne Canard-Duchêne Vineyard | 🍷 One Organic Cuvée | 💰 €10 per person
– Magnus, Denmark
Discover the sustainable side of Champagne with a visit to the Canard-Duchêne vineyard, known for its organic practices. For just €10, you’ll enjoy a commented tasting of one of the house’s organic cuvées. Enhance your understanding of the vineyard’s history through a film projection in the tasting room.
- Organic Cuvée Tasting: Sip on a carefully crafted organic champagne while learning its unique characteristics.
- Film Projection: Gain insights into the history of Canard-Duchêne through an informative film.
- Vineyard Access: Explore the vineyard grounds at your leisure to see sustainable viticulture.
How to Choose the Perfect Champagne Tour
Choosing the perfect Champagne tour involves several factors. Consider the starting location, Reims, Epernay, or another city. Next, look at the number of tastings and Champagne houses you’ll visit. Some tours focus on Grand Cru vineyards, while others may include family-run wineries. Always check reviews and ratings to ensure the tour meets your expectations.
- Location: Proximity to Reims or Epernay is often preferred.
- Tastings: The number and variety of tastings can vary.
- Type of Houses: From renowned brands to small producers, choose what interests you.
What to Wear on a Champagne Tour
When going on a Champagne tour, comfort is vital. Opt for casual, smart attire that allows you to move freely. Flat shoes are recommended as you’ll be walking through vineyards. A light jacket is helpful for cooler cellar temperatures.
- Comfortable Shoes: You’ll be walking a lot, so choose wisely.
- Smart Casual: Be presentable but prioritise comfort.
- Light Jacket: Cellars can be cool, even in summer.
What to Expect When Taking a Champagne Tour
Expect a whole sensory experience on a Champagne tour. You’ll learn about the Champagne-making process, from vine to bottle. Tours often include multiple tastings, a vineyard walk, and a cellar visit. Some tours offer food pairings or meals.
Why Are Champagne Tours So Expensive?
Champagne tours can be costly due to several factors. The Champagne region’s exclusivity and the product’s high cost contribute. Tours often include expert guides, transport, and multiple tastings, which add to the cost. Some tours also offer luxury experiences, like private tastings or meals, which can increase the Price.
Lieze Neven is a globetrotting travel writer and expat currently based in Nepal. With a passion for exploration, she has lived in Dubai, the UK, and Belgium, alongside her international teacher husband. Her parents live in France and she tries to visit Paris at least once a year. Together, they travel the world looking for the best hotels, experiences and food locations have to offer!