Attention all jetsetters, frequent fliers, and travel enthusiasts! Are you planning a trip to London and feeling a bit overwhelmed by the thought of navigating its 6 airports? Fear not, because we’ve got you covered with the ultimate guide to London’s airports. Whether you’re flying into the bustling London Heathrow Airport, hopping on a budget flight from Luton, or heading to the city’s smaller airports, we’ve got all the insider tips and tricks you need to know to make your airport experience a breeze. From transportation options and airport facilities to must-see sights and nearby attractions, we’ll show you what to expect and where to go for an unforgettable trip to London. So, pack your bags and get ready to soar through the airports in London like a pro!
- Lounge access is getting more and more expensive and walk-ins are these days often refused. It is a great idea to invest in a Priority Pass so you can have lounge access to premium lounges anywhere in the world. You can get yours here.
- If you want to travel to London City Centre by public transport you can book yours via Omio. It is probably the easiest way to book public transport in the UK.
- For private airport transfers we always use WelcomePickups anywhere we travel. They are pretty cheap and offer great communication! Get a quote here.
- When it comes to hotels and accommodation, you can use Booking.com to search for the best hotel near the London Airport or in the centre. Have a look at available rooms here.
Table of Contents
Heathrow Airport – London’s main international airport
Get ready to touch down in one of the busiest and most exciting airports in the world – London Heathrow Airport! As the main international airport in London, Heathrow is an absolute hub of energy and excitement. With over 80 million passengers passing through each year, it’s no surprise that Heathrow is one of the world’s most iconic airports. But fear not, fellow travellers, because we’re here to guide you through this buzzing airport and show you how to make the most of your time at Heathrow Airport London.
London Heathrow – Basic information
Heathrow Airport is the busiest airport in the United Kingdom and one of the busiest airports in the world, with over 80 million passengers passing through each year. It has four terminals that are connected by a free shuttle train service and serves more than 190 destinations in over 80 countries. Terminal 5, which was opened in 2008, is one of the largest free-standing structures in the United Kingdom. The airport has two runways and operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Where is London Heathrow located?
London Heathrow Airport is located in the western part of London, about 14 miles (23 km) west of central London. The airport is situated in the borough of Hillingdon and is easily accessible by road, rail, and public transport. It is well connected to central London by the London Underground (Piccadilly Line), buses, coaches, taxis, and private transfer services.
What airlines fly to London Heathrow?
London Heathrow Airport is one of the busiest airports in the world and is served by over 80 airlines, offering flights to destinations around the world. These airlines are distributed across the airport’s four terminals as follows:
Terminal 2 – The Queen’s Terminal:
Star Alliance airlines including United Airlines, Lufthansa, Air Canada, Singapore Airlines, and Thai Airways.
Delta Air Lines, Emirates, Virgin Atlantic, and other long-haul airlines, as well as some flights from Oneworld alliance airlines.
SkyTeam airlines such as KLM, Air France, and Delta Air Lines, as well as a variety of other airlines including Qatar Airways, Malaysia Airlines, and China Airlines.
British Airways, the largest airline at Heathrow, along with Iberia and American Airlines. Other airlines operating from Terminal 5 include Aer Lingus, Qatar Airways, and Finnair.
What are the best airport lounges in London Heathrow?
London Heathrow Airport offers a variety of airport lounges for passengers to relax in before their flight, with many lounges offering complimentary food and drinks, Wi-Fi, and other amenities. Here are some of the best airport lounges at Heathrow Airport, grouped by terminal:
Tip: Not all lounges in Heathrow offer passes or accept walk-ins. Instead it is best to invest in a Priority Pass so you always have a lounge you can go to, anywhere in the world! You can get yours here.
Terminal 2 – The Queen’s Terminal:
- United Club: located near Gate B46, this lounge offers complimentary food and drinks, Wi-Fi, and a selection of newspapers and magazines.
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge: located near Gate A18, this lounge features comfortable seating, a self-service bar, and a variety of hot and cold food options.
- No.1 Lounge: located near Gate 9, this lounge offers panoramic views of the runway, complimentary food and drinks, and a variety of seating options.
- Club Aspire Lounge: located near Gate 9, this lounge offers a quiet and relaxing space to unwind, with complimentary food and drinks and a variety of seating options.
- SkyTeam Lounge: located near Gate 10, this lounge offers a variety of food and drink options, Wi-Fi, and comfortable seating.
- Plaza Premium Lounge: located near Gate 1, this lounge offers a peaceful and relaxing space to wait for your flight, with complimentary food and drinks and a selection of newspapers and magazines.
- British Airways Galleries Club Lounge: located near Gate A18, this lounge offers a luxurious and comfortable space to relax before your flight, with complimentary food and drinks, Wi-Fi, and a variety of seating options.
- Aspire Lounge: located near Gate 18, this lounge offers a peaceful and tranquil environment, with complimentary food and drinks and a selection of newspapers and magazines.
Stay in Style: Top 5 Hotels near Heathrow Airport for a Luxurious and Convenient Stay
If you’re looking for a luxurious and convenient stay near Heathrow Airport, there are plenty of options to choose from. Here are the top 5 hotels in or near Heathrow Airport:
- Sofitel London Heathrow: Located directly inside Terminal 5, the Sofitel is the most convenient option for travellers with early morning flights. The hotel features elegant rooms and suites, a variety of dining options, a spa, and a fitness centre.
- Hilton London Heathrow Airport: This hotel is connected to Terminal 4 via a covered walkway, making it another convenient option for travellers. The hotel features spacious rooms and suites, a fitness centre, and a variety of dining options.
- Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel: Located just a short shuttle ride from the airport, this hotel offers stylish rooms and suites, a fitness centre, and a variety of dining options.
- Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport: This hotel is located just a short drive from the airport and offers spacious rooms and suites, a 24-hour fitness centre, and a complimentary breakfast.
- Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel: This hotel is located just a short drive from the airport and offers luxurious rooms and suites, a spa, a fitness centre, and a variety of dining options.
Are there car rental services at Heathrow Airport?
The airport has several car rental companies located in each terminal, including Avis, Hertz, Europcar, Budget, Alamo, National, Enterprise, and Sixt. Passengers can easily rent a car upon arrival at the airport and return it before departure. It is always recommended to book a car rental in advance to ensure availability and to compare prices between rental companies.
How to get from London Heathrow to London city centre?
There are several transportation options to get from London Heathrow to the city centre, including:
- Tube (London Underground): The Piccadilly line connects Heathrow Airport to central London and runs every few minutes from Terminals 2, 3, 4, and 5. The journey takes around 45-60 minutes, depending on your destination. This is a cost-effective option for solo travellers or small groups.
- Elizabeth line (Crossrail): The Elizabeth line is a new high-speed rail service that connects Heathrow Airport to central London. The line offers fast and convenient transportation to several stations in the city, including Paddington, Bond Street, and Liverpool Street. You can get your tickets here.
- Transfers: There are several private transfer companies that offer door-to-door transportation from Heathrow Airport to central London. This is a more expensive option than the tube, but it can be more convenient, especially for larger groups or those with heavy luggage. You can book a transfer via this link.
- Taxis: Taxis are available outside all terminals at Heathrow Airport, and they offer a fast and convenient way to get to central London. The journey time and cost will depend on traffic conditions and your destination. Taxis are very expensive.
- Buses: Several bus services operate from Heathrow Airport to central London, including the National Express, which offers direct services to Victoria Coach Station, and the Heathrow Express, which offers a non-stop service to Paddington. This is a cost-effective option, but the journey time can be longer due to traffic. If you want to book a bus, you can do so here.
- Car rentals: There are several car rental companies located at Heathrow Airport, and this can be a good option if you want the flexibility to explore the city at your own pace. Always book your car beforehand to get the best prices! You can book a rental car here.
Located 30 miles south of central London, Gatwick Airport is a major international airport that serves millions of passengers each year. As the second busiest airport in the United Kingdom, Gatwick Airport has two terminals that offer a range of facilities and services for travellers, including shops, restaurants, and transportation options. From Gatwick, visitors can easily explore the city of London and its many attractions, or venture further afield to explore the beautiful countryside and coastline of the south of England. With its convenient location and excellent facilities, Gatwick Airport is a popular choice for both business and leisure travellers.
Where is London Gatwick Airport located?
London Gatwick Airport is located approximately 30 miles south of central London, in the county of West Sussex, England. The airport is situated near the town of Crawley and is easily accessible by car, bus, train, or taxi.
What airlines fly to London Gatwick Airport?
Here are some airlines that fly to London Gatwick Airport, divided by terminal:
- British Airways
- TUI Airways
- Virgin Atlantic
- Aer Lingus
- Air Europa
- Air Transat
- Wizz Air
Top 5 Hotels for a Comfortable Stay near London Gatwick Airport
If you’re looking for a comfortable and convenient place to stay near London Gatwick Airport, there are plenty of great options to choose from. Here are our top 5 picks:
- Bloc Hotel Gatwick – This modern hotel is located inside the South Terminal of the airport, making it a great choice for travellers with early morning flights. The rooms are compact but stylishly designed, with comfortable beds, rainfall showers, and smart TVs.
- Hilton London Gatwick Airport – Just a short walk from the airport terminals, the Hilton London Gatwick Airport is a great choice for those who want to be close to the action. The hotel has a range of comfortable rooms and suites, as well as a fitness centre, restaurant, and bar.
- Courtyard by Marriott London Gatwick Airport – This hotel is located just a 10-minute drive from the airport and offers a complimentary shuttle service to and from the terminals. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, with air conditioning, plush bedding, and flat-screen TVs.
- Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal – As the name suggests, this hotel is located just a short walk from the North Terminal of Gatwick Airport. The rooms are comfortable and well-equipped, with free Wi-Fi, tea and coffee making facilities, and flat-screen TVs.
- Sofitel London Gatwick – For those who want to treat themselves to a little luxury, the Sofitel London Gatwick is a great choice. Located within the North Terminal, this elegant hotel has spacious rooms and suites with high-end amenities, as well as a range of dining options, including a champagne bar and a seafood restaurant.
Are there car rental services at London Gatwick Airport?
Yes, there are several car rental companies located at London Gatwick Airport, including Avis, Europcar, Hertz, and Sixt. These companies have rental desks located in both the North and South Terminals of the airport, making it easy for travellers to pick up and drop off their rental cars. To rent a car at Gatwick Airport, you’ll need to be at least 21 years old (or 25 years old for some types of vehicles) and have a valid driver’s license and credit card. It’s a good idea to book your rental car in advance to ensure availability and get the best rates.
Best Airport lounges in London Gatwick Airport
If you’re looking for a comfortable and relaxing place to wait for your flight at London Gatwick Airport, the airport lounges are a great option. Here are the best airport lounges in London Gatwick Airport, grouped by terminal:
Tip: Not all of these lounges accept walk ins. If you want to use an airport lounge it is a good idea to buy a Priority Pass as it gives you 10 passes for lounge access at a shockingly low 19 pounds per visit! You can buy one here.
- No1 Lounge – This luxurious lounge offers a range of amenities, including a fully tended bar, a variety of food options, and comfortable seating areas. There’s also a cinema room and a games room for entertainment.
- Club Aspire Lounge – With a range of comfortable seating areas, a self-service bar, and complimentary snacks and refreshments, the Club Aspire Lounge is a great place to unwind before your flight.
- My Lounge – This lounge offers a relaxed and informal atmosphere, with comfortable seating, a self-service bar, and a range of food options, including hot and cold snacks.
- No1 Lounge – Like its North Terminal counterpart, the No1 Lounge in the South Terminal offers luxurious amenities, including a fully tended bar, a range of food options, and comfortable seating areas. There’s also a cinema room and a games room for entertainment.
- Club Aspire Lounge – With comfortable seating, complimentary snacks and refreshments, and a range of newspapers and magazines to read, the Club Aspire Lounge is a great place to wait for your flight.
To access these lounges, you’ll need to either have a membership or purchase a pass. Some lounges also offer access to passengers flying in certain classes or with certain airlines. It’s always a good idea to check the lounge’s website or contact them in advance to see if you’re eligible for access.
Transportation to the city centre
There are several transportation options available to get to central London from London Gatwick Airport:
- Train: The Gatwick Express is a non-stop train service that runs between Gatwick Airport and London Victoria station. The journey takes around 30 minutes and trains run every 15 minutes. There are also other train services available, such as the Thameslink and Southern Railways, which may be cheaper but take longer. You can buy your ticket here.
- Bus: There are several bus services available that run between Gatwick Airport and central London, including National Express and easyBus. The journey time can vary depending on traffic conditions, but typically takes around 1 to 2 hours. You can look for available busses and tickets here.
- Taxi: Taxis are available from Gatwick Airport and can take you directly to your destination in central London. However, they can be expensive, especially during peak hours, and the journey time can be affected by traffic.
- Car Rental: If you prefer to drive yourself, car rental services are available at Gatwick Airport. This option gives you the freedom to explore London and the surrounding areas at your own pace. You can rent a car at Gatwick airport via this link.
- Private Transfers: Private transfer services are available at Gatwick Airport and can offer a more comfortable and convenient way to travel to central London. These services can be pre-booked and can offer a range of vehicle options depending on your needs. I would recommend using WelcomePickups to book a transfer. You can do so via this link.
Stansted Airport, the North London international airport
London Stansted Airport is one of the busiest airports in the United Kingdom and serves as a gateway to the capital for millions of passengers each year. Located in Essex, around 35 miles north-east of central London, the airport is a popular choice for budget airlines and offers a wide range of domestic and international flights. With its modern facilities and efficient transport connections to the city, Stansted is a popular choice for both business and leisure travellers. Whether you are travelling for work or play, the airport has everything you need to make your journey comfortable and stress-free.
Where is London Stansted Airport located
London Stansted Airport is located in the county of Essex, around 35 miles north-east of central London. Specifically, it is situated in the Uttlesford district, close to the town of Stansted Mountfitchet. The airport is easily accessible by road and rail, with excellent transport links connecting it to the city and surrounding areas. Whether you are travelling by car, train, or bus, there are plenty of options available to help you reach your destination.
How many terminals are there at London Stansted?
London Stansted Airport has one main terminal building, which serves both domestic and international flights. The terminal is modern and well-equipped, with a range of facilities for passengers to enjoy, including shops, restaurants, and lounges. Despite its relatively compact size, the airport handles millions of passengers each year, making it one of the busiest airports in the UK.
What are the best airport lounges in Stansted Airport?
London Stansted Airport offers several airport lounges for passengers to relax and enjoy their time before their flight. If you want to buy access to any of these lounges you might want to consider investing in a Priority Pass for very cheap lounge access at one upfront cost. Here are some of the best airport lounges in Stansted Airport:
- Escape Lounge: This lounge is located after security control and offers complimentary drinks, snacks, and Wi-Fi.
- Priority Pass Lounge: This lounge is located near gate 49 and is available for Priority Pass members. It features comfortable seating, free Wi-Fi, and complimentary drinks and snacks.
- No.1 Lounge: This lounge is located after security and offers complimentary food and drinks, a fully tended bar, and comfortable seating. The lounge also features shower facilities, workspaces, and charging points.
- Club Aspire Lounge: This lounge is located in the main terminal after security control and offers complimentary food and drinks, comfortable seating, and Wi-Fi.
- Executive Lounge: This lounge is located after security control and offers a selection of complimentary drinks, snacks, and newspapers. The lounge also features charging points and a business centre.
What airlines fly to Stansted Airport London?
London Stansted Airport offers services for both low-cost and full-service airlines. This means that passengers can choose from a wide variety of airlines and flight options, including budget-friendly options with low-cost carriers such as Ryanair, EasyJet, and Wizz Air, as well as more premium services with full-service airlines such as Emirates, Eurowings, and TUI Airways.
- Ryanair UK
- Air Moldova
- Titan Airways
- Pegasus Airlines
- TUI Airways
- Bulgaria Air
- Air Europa
- Wizz Air
- Blue Air
- Vueling Airlines
- Air Malta
- Corendon Airlines
5 Best hotels to book for an overnight stay near London Stansted Airport
If you’re looking for a comfortable and convenient place to stay near London Stansted Airport, there are several great hotels to choose from. Here are 5 of the best hotels to book for an overnight stay:
- Radisson Blu Hotel London Stansted Airport: This modern hotel is located just a 2-minute walk from the airport terminal, making it an incredibly convenient option for travellers. The hotel features comfortable rooms, a fitness centre, and an on-site restaurant and bar.
- Hampton by Hilton London Stansted Airport: Another great option located just a short walk from the airport, this hotel offers clean and modern rooms with comfortable beds, a complimentary hot breakfast, and a fitness centre.
- Novotel London Stansted Airport: This stylish hotel features bright and modern rooms, an on-site restaurant and bar, a fitness centre, and a shuttle service to the airport. It’s located just a 5-minute drive from the airport terminal.
- Holiday Inn Express London Stansted Airport: This budget-friendly hotel is located just a 10-minute drive from the airport and offers comfortable rooms, a complimentary breakfast, and an on-site restaurant and bar.
- The White House: If you’re looking for a cosy bed and breakfast option, The White House is a great choice. Located just 10 minutes from the airport, this charming B&B offers comfortable rooms, a garden, and a complimentary breakfast.
Are there any car rental services available at London Stansted Airport?
There are several car rental services available at London Stansted Airport. The car rental desks are located in the main terminal building, near the international arrivals area. The following car rental companies have offices at the airport:
It is recommended to book a car rental in advance to ensure availability and to get the best rates.
How to get from London Stansted Airport to London City Centre?
There are several transportation options available to get from London Stansted Airport to London City Centre, including:
- Train: The Stansted Express is a direct train service that operates between Stansted Airport and London Liverpool Street Station. The journey takes around 45 minutes and trains run every 15 minutes. You can get train tickets here.
- Bus: National Express and other coach operators provide direct bus services from Stansted Airport to London Victoria Station, Stratford, Liverpool Street Station, and other destinations. The journey time can vary depending on traffic. You can check bus schedules and get tickets here.
- Taxi: Taxis are available outside the airport terminal, and the journey to central London takes around 1 hour depending on traffic.
- Private Transfers: Private transfer services like Uber, Addison Lee, and other private car hire companies also operate from Stansted Airport to London City Centre. These services provide a comfortable and convenient option for travellers who want to avoid the hassle of public transport. If you want to book a private transfer, I would recommend going with WelcomePickups.
Luton Airport London
Luton Airport London, located approximately 30 miles north of London, is a popular airport with frequent travellers due to its affordable flights and convenient location. Serving over 16 million passengers annually, Luton Airport is the fifth busiest airport in the United Kingdom. It offers a range of domestic and international flights to over 100 destinations, including popular vacation spots in Europe and beyond. Despite being smaller than some of London’s other major airports, such as Heathrow and Gatwick, Luton Airport still provides a range of amenities for travellers, including airport lounges, restaurants, and shops. With easy access to London via train, bus, or taxi, Luton Airport is a popular choice for budget-conscious travellers seeking a smooth and stress-free travel experience.
How many terminals does Luton have?
London Luton Airport has one terminal that serves all airlines flying from the airport. The terminal is divided into two levels with departures on the ground floor and arrivals on the first floor. The terminal offers a range of facilities including shops, restaurants, and cafes for travellers to enjoy before and after their flight. The airport’s single terminal is easily accessible by car, train, or bus, making it a popular choice for both domestic and international travellers.
What are the best Airport lounges in London Luton Airport?
London Luton Airport only has two lounges available for travellers: Clubrooms Lounge by No1. Lounges and Aspire Lounge Luton. The Clubrooms Lounge provides a luxurious and exclusive experience with personalized service and high-end amenities, while the Aspire Lounge is a more budget-friendly option with comfortable seating and basic refreshments. Ultimately, the best airport lounge for travellers at London Luton Airport will depend on their budget and the level of comfort and amenities they are looking for. You can get a Priority Pass if you want access to these lounges.
What airlines fly to Luton airport?
There are quite a few low-cost airlines that fly to London Luton Airport, including:
- Wizz Air
- Blue Air
- El Al
- Pegasus Airlines
- Pobeda Airlines
What are the 5 best hotels near Luton Airport?
Here are five of the best hotels near London Luton Airport:
- Hilton Garden Inn Luton North: This hotel is just a 10-minute drive from the airport and offers modern rooms, an on-site restaurant, and a fitness centre.
- Holiday Inn Express London Luton Airport: Conveniently located just a 5-minute drive from the airport, this hotel offers comfortable rooms, free breakfast, and an airport shuttle service.
- Courtyard by Marriott Luton Airport: With spacious, soundproofed rooms, a restaurant and bar, and a fitness centre, this hotel is ideal for travellers seeking comfort and convenience.
- ibis Budget Luton Airport: This budget-friendly hotel offers clean, basic rooms just a 10-minute walk from the airport. Guests can enjoy free Wi-Fi and a continental breakfast.
- Hampton by Hilton London Luton Airport: Offering contemporary rooms, a 24-hour fitness centre, and a free hot breakfast, this hotel is a great choice
Are there any car rental services available at London Luton Airport?
There are several car rental services available at London Luton Airport. Some of the popular options include:
- Avis Car Rental
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Sixt Rent a Car
All of these companies have car rental counters located in the Arrivals area of London Luton Airport, making it easy to rent a car and hit the road as soon as you land. You can choose from a range of vehicles, including economy and luxury cars, SUVs, and vans, depending on your specific needs.
Transportation to the city centre
There are a few ways to get from Luton Airport to the centre of London:
- By Train: Take the shuttle bus from London Luton Airport to Luton Airport Parkway Station and then take the train from Luton Airport Parkway Station to St. Pancras International Station in London. This journey takes approximately 30-40 minutes. Book your train tickets here.
- By Bus: You can take the National Express or Green Line Coach from London Luton Airport to Victoria Coach Station in London. This journey can take up to 1 hour 30 minutes depending on traffic. You can get bus tickets here.
- By Taxi: Taxis are easily available at London Luton Airport. This option will be more expensive than public transportation
- By Private Transfer: If you want peace of mind, you can book a private transfer from London Luton Airport. The driver will wait for you at arrivals. Get a quote via WelcomePickups.
London City Airport
London City Airport is an international airport situated in the heart of London serving over 5 million passengers annually. It opened in 1987 and has since become a popular departure and arrival point for business travellers, offering direct flights to over 40 destinations in Europe and beyond. The airport is known for its efficient check-in process and convenient location, making it a preferred choice for short-haul flights. With its unique steep approach and departure, London City Airport offers a unique experience for both passengers and aviation enthusiasts. The airport continues to grow and evolve to meet the needs of its diverse clientele while maintaining its reputation for safety, reliability, and convenience.
Where is London City Airport located?
London City Airport is situated in the Royal Docks area of East London, UK. It is a small airport primarily serving business travellers and short-haul flights within Europe. The airport is easily accessible by public transportation, including the Docklands Light Railway and buses.
How many terminals does London City Airport have?
London City Airport has one terminal that handles all arrivals and departures. The airport is located in the heart of the city and serves as a hub for business travellers, with flights to various destinations in Europe and beyond. The terminal features a range of amenities, including shops, restaurants, and lounges, to ensure a comfortable and convenient travel experience for passengers.
What airlines fly to London City Airport?
Airlines flying to London City Airport include:
- British Airways
- Swiss International Air Lines
- LOT Polish Airlines
- TAP Air Portugal
Are there any airport lounges available at London City Airport?
London City Airport currently doesn’t offer any airport lounges for travellers. This means that passengers won’t be able to access exclusive areas where they can rest, work, or enjoy refreshments while waiting for their flights in a more relaxed environment. It is currently unknown if there are any plans to introduce new lounges in the future.
5 Best hotels near London City Airport
There are a few great hotels near London City Airport you can consider for your trip:
- Moxy London Excel: This stylish hotel is just a 5-minute drive from London City Airport and offers a range of amenities including a fitness centre and bar.
- Novotel London Excel: Located adjacent to the Excel Exhibition Center, this 4-star hotel provides easy access to both London City Airport and the city centre.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London Excel: Just a short distance from the airport, this modern hotel features spacious rooms and suites, a fitness centre, and an on-site restaurant.
- ibis Styles London Excel: Offering budget-friendly accommodations, this hotel is conveniently located just a 3-minute walk from the Royal Victoria DLR station, providing easy transport to the airport and beyond.
- Good Hotel London: This unique floating hotel is located in the Royal Victoria Docks and offers comfortable and eco-friendly rooms, a restaurant, and stunning views of the city. It is just a 10-minute drive from London City Airport.
Are there any car rental services at London City Airport?
There are several car rental services available at London City Airport. Some of the major car rental companies available are:
- National Car Rental
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
How to get from London City Airport to the centre of London?
If you are travelling to London City Airport and need to get to the city centre, there are several transport options available. Here are the different ways to get from London City Airport to the city centre:
- By light train: London City Airport is well-connected to central London via the Docklands Light Railway (DLR). A DLR station is located at the airport’s terminal, and a train ride to Bank Station takes around 20 minutes.
- By bus: There are several bus routes that run from London City Airport to the city centre. The most popular bus route is the National Express A9 bus, which stops at major locations like Stratford, Liverpool Street Station, and Victoria Coach Station. Buy bus tickets here.
- By taxi: Taxis are available outside the airport terminal and offer a convenient and hassle-free way of travelling to the city centre. However, taxi fares can be expensive, especially during peak times.
- By private transfer: Several private shuttle companies operate from London City Airport, providing. Get your private transfer via WelcomePickups.
Lieze Neven is a globetrotting travel writer and expat currently based in Nepal. With a passion for exploration, she has lived in Dubai, the UK, and Belgium, alongside her international teacher husband. Her parents live in France and she tries to visit Paris at least once a year. Together, they travel the world looking for the best hotels, experiences and food locations have to offer!