Accomodation depends on your school
1. On site accommodation
2. Off site accommodation
Schools might also provide you with accommodation in a separate building. This is how accommodation is arranged most often.
Ask about the facilities at the building and how long the school has been renting the apartment for. The latter will give you an insight into the state of the apartment. When we first moved to Dubai we received an old apartment the school had been renting for some 10 years. The bed was broken – and after a lot of hassle replaced, the kitchen was so dirty the weekly maids could not get it clean and the apartment was very grimy.
The school now moved everyone into a new apartment block and both the overall happiness and the living standards have increased phenomenally.
3. Housing Allowance
Does teacher accommodation abroad have pools and gyms
How to get better accommodation
Is teacher accommodation abroad furnished
- Pots and pans (good schools will provide these)
- Bed sheets (you will get one pair from the school)
- Towels – both bath towels and kitchen towels (might be provided)
- Cutlery and dishes (good schools will provide these)
- Drying rack
- Extension cables
- Cleaning tools and products
- Storage boxes and baskets
- Any storage or surface furniture you might miss
- Personal Hygiene products
- A TV and maybe even Internet (good schools provide these)