Courgetti Spaghetti with Pesto
Not too long ago I tried to lose weight by going off carbs. It literally was the worst time of my life. My boyfriend, our best friend (with whom we lived) and I all did the diet. I felt bad - both mentally and physically. The whole experience was more or less that same as when someone goes off cigarettes. My behaviour was so bad that my boyfriend went out to buy me a ham sandwich with extra mayo.
This thaught me three things :
1. Doing a no-carb diet is incredibly hard
2. Carbs are an addiction
3. Courgetti Spaghetti is pretty awesome
It is pretty easy to find courgetti spaghetti in the shops. You can often find it in the same aisle as the cut-up vegetables. Yes, I did try to make my own courgetti spaghetti, but it is harder than you might think. Not only are courgettes very watery, it also takes ages to grind up one courgette.
As Mary Berry always says: why make it harder for yourself. Just buy it in the shops!
This courgetti Spaghetti recipe is one that I still make a lot, just because it is so incredibly nice!
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 2 courgettes (Or just 2 packs of Courgetti Spaghetti)
- 1 Pot of your favourite green pesto
How to make it
- First you need to bake your Courgetti's in a pan. Not too long because otherwise they go all mushy. 2-3 min in a tiny bit of olive oil should do the trick
- Now take a few spoons of your green pesto and mix this under the courgetti spaghetti
- Last, bake the tomatoes in some pesto and olive oil for 2-3 minutes and add to the spaghetti